Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Toilet Paper Hanger Done!

Box says:
Time to complete: 4 minutes

scarDeal says:
Time to complete: 20 minutes

My wife and I had gotten a nice toilet paper hanger from the Lowe's Depot. No problem, I think. Maybe it's just my inexperience, but I took a good 5 times the stated length to get the project done. I had a little trouble getting the wall anchors to stick. One of them decided it wanted to go at an awkward angle once it bit. That meant that when everything tightened up, the 5 minutes I spent trying to get it perfectly vertical was wasted. I wound up pounding the wall plate with a soft-face mallet to get it back to vertical.

It looks great, but isn't too tight to the wall. I'm not too enamored by the way the fixture (and most fixtures, for that matter) tie to the anchor plates.

When all else fails, there's hammers and duct tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment