Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Holy Spackled Horsehair, Batman!

I love attributing completely random titles to Our Lady every now and again. This was inspired by the Blues Brothers' quote: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!" To any naysayers, as Queen of Heaven and Earth, these titles do apply. It matters not that it's rather zany.

A few off the top of my head:
  • Our Lady, Queen of Programmers and Support Personnel
  • Mary, Patroness of Dyspeptic Evangelicals
  • Our Lady of Snazzy Outfits
I think my wife might like me to pray to Mary under the latter more often.

On a related note, as the title implies, I also enjoy what I'd call "Robin exclamations." Really, all it boils down to is an outrageous exclamation with Batman as direct address thrown in..
  • Jumping Jackrabbits, Batman, it's the beast!
  • Motherlode monkey turnips, Batman!
  • By Jove, Batman, I believe we've apprehended the thief
Think. Post. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment