Monday, November 23, 2009

1998 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition

I'm now the proud owner of a 1998 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition. I got the title, keys, etc. this morning. I'm picking it up friday or saturday and get a little bit of practice before driving it on a daily basis.

It's my first manual transmission car. Now I just have to learn to drive it. Test driving was interesting. I stalled it my first 3 times trying to put it in gear. I finally figured out that my problem was too little gas rather than too much. After that, I happily puttered around the parking lot. It's going to require a little initial maintenance in the rear brakes, but hopefully it won't be anything I can't handle.

It'll be my "Winter Snow-Goat Beater" and daily driver. I might fix the exhaust with a cat-back, but I'll have to put that off until spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment