Monday, February 1, 2010

Google Chrome - Meh...

After about a week of trying out Google Chrome, it went to the great trash bin in the sky.

I'd been using Firefox as my primary browser for about 3-4 years. I'd heard that Chrome was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It turns out that it's not.

The good:
  • Fast
  • Clean design
  • Now with plugins
The bad:
  • Status bar showing the URL of a link is too short. Almost invariably cut off part of the URL, despite having plenty of screen width to do so.
  • Could not find an adblock plugin that I liked (I tried two.) I had trouble finding the blockable items to wipe out intellitxt type issues.
  • Regularly timed out on pictures that would not timeout on FF or IE. I would regularly see the broken picture icon.
  • I'm already perfectly happy with FF.
Conclusion:
I'm still waiting for something to beat Firefox with its combination of speed, reliability, customization and great plugins.

No comments:

Post a Comment